Heatherington Cottage-Bed and Breakfast Accommodation near Ballarat and Daylesford
A stylish and spacious self-contained cottage. 2 queen-size bedrooms with ensuites and deluxe quality appointments throughout. The cottage is located on the edge of our 300 acre Poll Hereford cattle stud property, "Heatherington Park"(with own driveway access), in Victoria's picturesque Central Highlands. Just 120 kms (90 mins) west of Melbourne, between historic Ballarat (20 mins) and cosmopolitan Daylesford (15mins). Only 8.5kms from Creswick and 18kms from Clunes.
Enjoy the best of both worlds with country peace and quiet whilst the attractions of Creswick, Ballarat and Daylesford are not too far away. Goldfields towns of Clunes, Maldon, Castlemaine and Bendigo are all an easy drive.
PERFECT RETREAT FOR:
2 COUPLES - OR - 1 COUPLE EXCLUSIVELY
OR - 2 singles TRAVELLING TOGETHER!
You can relax by the warmth of the wood fire while enjoying the ambience of great country views and lingering sunsets. From the living area or the verandahs, view the cows (at your back fence!) and nearby sheep grazing.......
...............Or you can relax in your candle-lit spa bath filled with aromatherapies....
...............Or enjoy our extensive selection of books, magazines and dvds. .....
...............Or take a stroll around our property......
...............Or have an in-house massage treatment in the comfort of the cottage.
Features of our Bed and Breakfast Accommodation:
- 2 ensuite bedrooms each with 2 person corner spa bath, deluxe, comfortable queen size beds fitted with quality linen, electric blankets, firm pillows and luxurious allergy-free doonas. Panel on-wall heaters in each room. Ample supply of fluffy towels, spare blankets and pillows .One bedroom is open plan with the spa in the corner of the bedroom as well as a separate shower recess, while the other en-suite has a separate bathroom with the shower over the spa bath.
- The fully equipped kitchen includes a choice of continental breakfast provisions for each day of stay plus provisions for a cooked breakfast for the first 2 days. Also provided is a range of teas and filter coffee.
- The living area has a wide-screen LCD TV, DVD, video, CD player (with I-pod port), WOOD FIRE and REVERSE CYCLE AIR CONDITIONING.
- Front and rear verandahs for easy access, with rear deck from the living offering electric bbq and outdoor dining.
- Full laundry facilities.
- Undercover bike storage available (FOR PUSH-BIKE OR MOTOR BIKE).
- We have a non-smoking policy inside the cottage.
- Weekend newspaper delivery
- Complimentary bottle of local wine for bookings of min. 2 nights
- A range of bath aromatherapies for you to choose from
- Use of deluxe bathrobes, hairdryer, shampoo & conditioner
- Extensive range of books,magazines, DVDs,CDs
- Complimentary chocolates and port.
- Use of day packs, equipment for Aussie bbq/picnic (including picnic basket and billy).
- Complimentary water bottles
- Extensive tourist information including maps for relaxed bike rides and bushwalking.
- Late check-out (12 midday)
Extras available by prior arrangement :
- Services of local taxi companies / limousine service
- Farm tours
- Bbq hampers for use at the cottage or on your picnic - this includes meat from local butcher, seasonal salad & bread
- On-site massage therapies by local practitioners
- Romantic getaway package
Bookings and cancellation policy:
- List of helpful local phone numbers in attachment form when you receive confirmation of booking.
- Deposit of 1 nights accommodation payable at time of booking. Remainder payable 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Non-refundable deposit if cancellation less than 2 weeks prior.
- Minimum booking conditions for long weekends
- Check-in time 2pm.
- Check-out time midday.
NO PETS but Accommodation for small dogs can be arranged at local kennel.
Payment methods: EFT,Visa,Mastercard or cheque
Proprietors: Sue and Phil Gay
MELWAYS MAP REFERENCE 509 A/B 10 : WE ARE ALSO ON GOOGLE MAPS
To find us : from Melbourne / Ballarat /Sth Australia:
From Melbourne, take the Western Highway towards Adelaide. At Ballarat take the Creswick turnoff (A300 - Midland Highway) and continue through Creswick towards Daylesford/Castlemaine. After 4.8 kms turn left at the "Kingston/Newstead" sign and continue for 6.1kms through Kingston to "T" section with Creswick-Newstead Rd (C283). Directly opposite you will see "Heatherington Park Poll Herefords" sign and the cottage is down the gravel road directly in front.
The Airport shuttle bus now comes via Ballarat into the Forest Resort, Creswick, on demand. Bookings must therefore be made 48 hours in advance Ph 5333 4181.
From Melbourne by train
Take the 4:06PM Maryborough train from Southern Cross station to arrive in Creswick at 5:40PM. Taxi or private transport can be arranged from the station. Return trains depart directly from Creswick at 8:06 AM or later during the day from Ballarat.